Every child is curious and our goal is to provide a learning environment that nurtures your child’s natural curiosity and wonder.
Beginning with our three- and four-year-olds, students are given opportunities to socialize and play, developing skills to build friendships and grow as valued members in a safe and inclusive community.
Our philosophy is to facilitate learning in developmentally appropriate ways. With teacher guidance, our youngest students delve into a wide range of experiential topics that they then investigate through long-term projects and themes, such as visiting the doctor’s office, going to the grocery store, friendship building and practicing mindfulness. The social-emotional, physical, language and cognitive development of a child centers around engagement in enriching classroom experiences.
FXW’s Preschool Program is NAEYC accredited (National Association for the Education of Young Children) and follows the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards. We believe in:
- play as the foundation for academic learning
- strong social and emotional health with an emphasis on relationships, self-regulation and initiative
- nurturing optimism and happiness in the classroom
- increasing empathy and compassion to resolve peer conflicts
- teaching critical thinking skills through discussing, questioning and exploring
providing choices to foster motivation to learn
- building body awareness by strengthening gross motor and fine motor muscles
- supporting the religious and spiritual faith of all children through prayer and music
- encouraging self-help skills to build independence and pride
- child readiness for learning with sensitivity to individual differences and needs
- partnering with parents to support and nurture their child
FXW teachers know that the best learning happens when a lesson sparks children’s interest and strengthens their curiosity and self-motivation. Together, we work to provide an environment that fosters a love of learning that lasts a lifetime.