All students who complete the application process prior to the deadline are considered for enrollment at FXW. However, due to the high volume of applicants, we cannot guarantee enrollment to all who apply.
We look for …
- Children who meet social and academic expectations as determined by an admission committee.
- Parents with a strong commitment to the mission and culture of our School and who want to make a long-term commitment to The Frances Xavier Warde School.
Many factors are considered when reviewing admission applications…
- Our current enrollment and the culture/climate of each grade level.
- Current academic information (student grades, teacher recommendations and test scores).
- Parent interviews.
- Our Mission; we are a diverse community, culturally, religiously and socioeconomically.
- We give enrollment preference to siblings of current FXW families.
Read below for an overview of our process.
Preschool and Kindergarten – December 1, 2022
Grades 1-8 – February 15, 2023
*Late applications may be reviewed based on availability, but early submission is recommended
This form only takes a few minutes to complete and provides us with general information regarding the applicant and the parents’ preferred contact information. Please click here to access the FXW Inquiry Form.
- It is strongly advised that applicant parents attend one of our informational events.
- Informational events give applicant parents the opportunity to learn more about FXW, engage with our faculty, and garner an overview of our distinct mission and academic programming.
- Check out our Visit Us page for more information on upcoming events and tour information.
- The application process begins when a parent completes the information submission through the FXW online application portal.
- In addition to the application, parents are asked to complete a Parent Survey. This survey allows parents to shed light on the uniqueness of their family and their reasons for applying to The Frances Xavier Warde School.
A member of the Admission Team will reach out with further details regarding this step based on the grade level your child is applying for.
Parents are invited to register for a 30-minute video conversation with a member of our Admission Team. These conversations give us the opportunity to get to know each family, learn more about the applicant, and to clarify the unique mission of our FXW community.
Admission decisions are made by a committee comprised of the Admission team, school administrators, teachers and specialist as needed. Admission decisions are shared via email in accordance with the notification dates set forth by LMAIS.
- Sibling applicants will be notified by February 10, 2023
- 3- year-old applicant notification will begin on February 17, 2023 and admission will continue to roll through Spring 2022.
- 4-year-old preschool applicant notifications will begin on March 1, 2023 and admissions will continue to roll though Spring 2022.
- Kindergarten applicant notifications will begin on March 1, 2023 and admissions will continue to roll though Spring 2022.
- Preschool and Kindergarten family response deadline is March 14, 2023.