average grant given to students
of enrolled students receive need-based assistance
in funding for 2022-2023
As a keystone of our community and a commitment to our mission statement, FXW provides need-based assistance for families. All tuition assistance is based on demonstrated need as determined by the information that you provide to School and Student Services (SSS), an independent scholarship processing service.
Tuition Assistance Scenarios
The following scenarios are designed using FXW’s 2022 – 2023 tuition and serve as examples of the types of cases considered by the Tuition Assistance Committee. Each family’s financial picture is unique, and a great deal of information is considered as part of FXW’s need-based financial aid awards.
These scenarios do not represent the full scope of the information considered by the Committee, nor are the financial aid awards outlined below definitive for specific circumstances.
FXW’s tuition assistance decisions support the mission of the School and are guided by NAIS’s Principles of Best Practice for Financial Aid Administration.
Family A is a two-parent household with two children. One of which is in a tuition-charging school and one in daycare. Family A earns an annual pre-tax income between $120,000 and $150,000. Family A would most likely be expected to contribute between $4,500 to $8,700 in tuition depending on other information provided on the application and availability of funds.
Family B is a two-parent household with one child in a tuition-charging school. Family B earns an annual pre-tax income between $80,000 and $100,000. Family B would most likely be expected to contribute between $3,200 to $7,900 in tuition depending on other information provided on the application and availability of funds.
Family C is a single-parent household with two children in a tuition-charging school. Family C earns an annual pre-tax income between $80,000 and $100,000. Family C would most likely be expected to contribute between $1,100 to $2,800 per student in tuition depending on other information provided on the application and availability of funds.
Family D is a two-parent household with three children in a tuition-charging school. Family D earns an annual pre-tax income between $180,000 and $210,000. Family D would most likely be expected to contribute between $7,200 to $10,000 per student in tuition depending on other information provided on the application and availability of funds.
October 1 – School and Student Services (SSS) application portal opens for 2023-2024 submissions
- Parents submit the parent financial statement (PFS) and required tax documentation
December 15 – SSS submission due for current FXW families seeking tuition assistance for the 2023-2024 academic year and 2021 tax documents are uploaded to SSS portal
January 20 – SSS submission due for applicant families seeking tuition assistance for the 2023-2023 academic year and 2021 tax documents are uploaded to SSS portal
January 31 – All families submit copy of 2022 W-2 document(s) to SSS
April 17 – Deadline to submit 2022 income tax filing to SSS
- Tuition Assistance is available to families within a wide range of income levels.
- Partial to full grants are provided based on the family’s demonstrated need.
- Families must re-apply each year and continued eligibility is primarily based on a family’s continued demonstrated need.
- FXW is committed to consistent funding each year, so long as the family’s financial situation does not change dramatically from the prior year.
- All grants are need-based; FXW does not offer academic, athletic or activity-based assistance.
- FXW does not offer sibling discounts. Families seeking assistance are encouraged to review the need-based assistance information and apply if interested.
- Information received through the Tuition Assistance application process is held in strictest of confidence. Financial information is not shared among persons who maintain separate households.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed, and we are unable to reserve funds for students with late applications or outstanding balances.
Other Assistance Programs
Children at the Crossroads
Please visit their website for ways to apply and more information here.
Horizions for Youth
FXW partners with Horizons for Youth – Check out the Horizons web site here to learn more.