Website The Frances Xavier Warde School
This position works closely with the Senior Manager of IT, and key school stakeholders to ensure the integrity, accuracy, and security of all data records of prospective, current and former families across all school information systems. The Registrar supports efficient student recruitment, enrollment and re-enrollment, course, student and faculty enrollment and scheduling, academic progress reporting, advancement data management and tuition billing management. This position requires excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience and a positive, customer-friendly attitude. This person works closely with others in the department, ensuring that procedures adhere to established school policies and enterprise best-practices (ITIL).
He/she educates FXW staff in the use of various school applications and provides expert interface between standard business practices and requirements of all functional areas and the applications which supports their activities. The Registrar must be an experienced, self-motivated individual who is committed to delivering an outstanding customer support experience. Strong customer service skills while working in a hectic environment with a heightened (but calm) sense of urgency and resolve is a must. The candidate is also expected to be sensitive to the various needs and abilities of users. In addition, the successful candidate should have a sense of calling to support the FXW mission, a desire to work in education and a strong technical understanding of the various applications being supported in schools.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Build a student information system culture that enables student information to be managed by key departments from application to enrollment to alumni status
- Develop, implement and oversee best practice for data input and maintenance in the areas of data entry, donor information, queries, reports, imports, exports, duplicate resolution and others as needed in collaboration with Advancement Records Manager
- Manages content of Veracross parent portal
- Supports all departments use of applications to aid in admissions, accounting, advancement, financial aid, enrollment, scheduling, academic progress reporting, attendance, grading, medical and co-curricular tracking and other school related activities
- Builds and maintains course sections, student and teacher schedules, student registration, instructor assignment in the various systems
- Organizes parent teacher conferences in Veracross
- Maintains the school’s emergency communications system to ensure all contacts are up-to-date and assists with reporting
- Oversees the enrollment, re-enrollment, report card and transcript production, and attendance management processes
- Oversees syncing and prep for ClassLink rostering
- Perform extensive ad hoc querying and custom report writing using various tools based on user requirements
- Provides advice, training and support and responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. faculty, staff, administrators, parents, outside vendors and service providers, etc.)
- Maintain operating procedures manual
- Meet regularly with assigned staff to identify departmental needs and prioritize projects
- Other duties and projects as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in IT-related field such as CIS, MIS or IT preferred
- 3+ years of progressive responsibility in school information and/or advancement data management
- Experience administering and querying databases such as Senior Systems, Veracross, Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Education Edge, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Access, Excel)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SSRS, SAP Crystal Reports or other reporting tools
Additional Job Requirements
- Employee must be able to support philosophy and mission of the School Board and Head of School
- Works well in a highly collaborative environment; is humble, respectful of others, and a good communicator
- Delivers high quality and accurate results; displays a high level of ownership; can be counted on to deliver on commitments
- Highly effective and disciplined in achieving goals; shows initiative and good judgment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change; able to set priorities in a changing environment; flexible and open to new ideas
- Willing to speak your mind and make tough decisions; passionate about our work and our mission
- Committed to personal growth, as well as to helping your colleagues and the organization improve
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive School information
- Flexibility to multi-task in a highly active work environment
- Vision to see the larger picture for a project and work towards achieving the goals
- Exhibits utmost professionalism supporting students, faculty, administrators, staff and parents.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the responsibilities the employee is required to talk and hear.
- The employee is often required to sit for long periods of time.
- Continual and/or intermittent walking for up to 15 minutes at a time may be required. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and hands.
- The employee may be required to lift up to 10-20 pounds and up to 50 pounds on occasion
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
- Hours of work may vary Sunday through Saturday and are structured in eight (8) hour blocks of time, but they may be subject to include evenings and weekends as required for the departments or School’s needs.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.