Website The Frances Xavier Warde School
The Frances Xavier Warde School is a Catholic elementary school in downtown Chicago that provides an excellent academic, values-oriented education to students of all ethnic, religious, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds in a child-centered urban environment. As a keystone of its diverse community, The Frances Xavier Warde School provides need-based scholarships to thirty percent of its students. The Frances Xavier Warde School partners with its families, nurtures faith development for its Catholic students, and engages all its students to learn about and respect other faith traditions. The Frances Xavier Warde School uses a rigorous curriculum that enables students to grow, clarify their values, and develop decision-making skills and a sense of responsibility for themselves and the world they will inherit.
Develops policy and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation,
employee relations, benefits, and employee services. Makes recommendations to the Human
- Assists in developing and maintaining the schools personnel policies and procedures, employee handbook, personnel forms, Labor Law Posters, and recommend changes to the Human Resources Director (HR Director).
- Assists in administering employee benefits (communication of benefits to faculty and staff, manages open enrollment, billing reconciliation for benefits administration and maintains benefit documents, etc.) and, with Insurance Agents, ensures all plans and plan documents comply with applicable laws and statutes (HIPPA, ERISA and IRS guidelines).
- Coordinates and communicates with legal counsel, insurance Agents and Brokers on employee benefit, labor issues, compliance updates and laws.
- Assists in the development of the insurance and salary budget on an annual basis with the Human Resources Director, CFO/COO, and the Head of School.
- Researches, develops, and maintains employee salary/compensation scales.
- Manages enrollment and contribution changes to the 403(b) plans for school & responds to employee questions.
- Maintains secure and confidential human resource related files and records.
- Develops and assists managers with maintaining accurate job descriptions.
- Assists and coaches with the pre hire process and post hire process. Including but not limited to leading the applicant tracking process, providing guidance on interviews, forms create, provides and reviews new employee packets with new hires and insures completion.
- Conducts portions of background and drug screening checks through TPA services.
- Assists the HR Director in managing employee separation process for both voluntary and involuntary terminations.
- Assists and coaches along with the HR Director Department Heads, and Supervisor employee related issues, complaints, evaluations, discipline, and termination issues.
- Counsels/ and or assists employees with employment issues, benefits, and complaints.
- Assists the Human Resources Director employee related investigations (i.e., whistleblower, harassment, ethics violations, etc.)
- Administers or works with a third-party administrator FMLA leave, worker comp claims and unemployment claims.
- Assist the Human Resources Director in administrative support duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four years of increasingly responsible human resources and/or benefits experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including spreadsheets and tracking systems
- Preferably holds a Professional Human Resources Certification (PHR) and/ or SHRM-CP
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels in the organization.
- Working knowledge of human resource principles, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to effectively deal with multiple priorities, functions, and activities.
- Working knowledge and skill of basic business software, / HR and Payroll systems
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Occasionally lifts up to 20 pounds.
- Generally, works in standard office conditions and climate.
- Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
Please contact HR@FXW.org if you have any questions.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.