Website The Frances Xavier Warde School
At the Frances Xavier Warde School, students are encouraged to take intellectual risks, to broaden their reading and understanding of community and world issues, and to learn to make good decisions and act independently as they prepare for high school. With teacher guidance, students explore content area subjects while developing a repertoire of academic vocabulary, note-taking skills and test-taking strategies. Teachers focus on curriculum integration in the humanities, math and science, and world language. Through intensive training in both oral and written communication, participation in cooperative projects and experiments, and purposeful use of technology, students build young adult learning skills as they broaden their knowledge. During the year, students are given greater opportunities for extra-curricular activities in the areas of sports, drama, music and art. These opportunities, coupled with a rigorous curriculum, help to foster increased independence in students as they progress toward high school.
Primary Professional Function
The Teacher is responsible for facilitating the cognitive development of all learners by providing a quality learning experience to all children in his/her care. The teacher must possess the knowledge and theoretical grounding necessary to instruct the student, utilizing age-appropriate methods, strategies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Required Bachelor’s Degree in either Education or a specific academic discipline
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Teaching or Curriculum
- Required current State of Illinois Teaching Certificate Type 03/Type 09
- TB test
- Compliance with Archdiocese of Chicago Protecting God’s Children guidelines
- Familiarity with ISACS criteria and standards of excellence
- Ability to plan and teach effectively within the Block Scheduling model
- Ability to teach courses within a Religion Curriculum – either Catholic or Interfaith in subject matter
- Ability to lead a Club and/or Extra-Curricular Activity of interest to Middle School students (e.g. yearbook, a sport, an academic team, etc.)
Please contact HR@FXW.org with any questions.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.