In keeping with our mission, it is our hope that the Equity and Justice Community Bulletin will serve as a resource for our strong home-school partnership as we all navigate the world around us.
As such, we want to support the adults in our community by modeling how to be an upstander via the types and topics of conversation we want our children to be able to have. While it is difficult to speak up in the face of injustice, it is now more important than ever. Thank you for your partnership.
- U.S. Sailing recently hosted a virtual session on Increasing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Sport of Sailing featuring FXW Dad Lou Sandoval (Sofia '21, Sarah '22). You can read about it here.
- Featuring a wide variety of titles for kids of all ages, including picture books, middle grade & chapter books, and young adult reads, these stories recognize Latinx contributions to the world of children’s literature.
- Netflix's 'Bookmarks' Series Celebrates Black Voices, One Children's Book at a Time
- When We Normalize Racism and Bigotry, We Do Violence to Our Mental Health
- Why Meditation is a Key Part of Anti-Racism Work
- Latino and Hispanic identities aren’t the same. They’re also not racial groups. Race doesn't exist, but ethnicity does. Click here to watch "Are Hispanics White?"
- How students of color confront impostor syndrome with Dena Simmons
- Hispanic Heritage Month Toolkit
- 9 Latinx-Owned Fashion and Beauty Brands You Should Know
- National Museum of the American Indian Webinar: On Thursday, October 8, 3–4 PM CST, this webinar will discuss the long tradition of problematic narratives about Native Americans and show how those narratives affect American society and K–12 education.
As a school with a social justice mission, FXW is committed to Do More with respect to improving the overall quality of community life, educational experience, and circumstances for our Community of Color and marginalized groups here and beyond our four walls. If you have resources to share with the FXW community about equity and justice, please click here.