All students who complete the application process prior to the deadline are considered for enrollment at FXW. However, due to the high volume of applicants, we cannot guarantee enrollment to all who apply.
We look for …
- Children who meet social and academic expectations as determined by an admissions committee.
- Parents with a strong commitment to the mission and culture of our School and who want to make a long-term commitment to The Frances Xavier Warde School.
Many factors are considered when reviewing admission applications…
- Our current enrollment and the culture/climate of each grade level.
- Current academic information (student grades, teacher recommendations and test scores).
- Parent interviews.
- Classroom observations or school day visits.
- Our Mission; we are a diverse community, culturally, religiously and socioeconomically.
- We give enrollment preference to siblings of current FXW families.
Read below for an overview of our process.
- It is strongly advised that applicant parents attend either a School Day Tour or one of our informational events.
- School Day Tours are offered Oct – Jan and last approximately 90 minutes. These tours are led by a member of our Admissions team and allow parents to see our children in action. Registration is limited to 12 guests.
- Informational events give applicant parents the opportunity to tour our facilities, engage with our faculty and garner an overview of our distinct mission and academic programming.
- Check out our Visit Us page for more information on upcoming events and tour information.
- The application process begins once we receive your child’s completed application form and the $65 application fee.
- In addition to the application, parents are asked to complete a Parent Survey. This survey allows parents to shed light on the uniqueness of their family and their reasons for applying to The Frances Xavier Warde School.
- Preschool & Kindergarten Applicants who are currently enrolled in an early childhood program are observed in this environment (pending approval from the director and parent). Applicants not in an early childhood program will be invited to visit FXW for a scheduled play visit between November and January. The Admission Team with reach out to parents to schedule this visit.
- Grade 1-8 Applicants are invited to spend the full day at FXW. Parents will be notified of date options once a complete application is on file.
Admission decisions are made by a committee comprised of the admissions team, school administrators, teachers and specialist as needed. Admissions decisions are shared via email in accordance with the notification dates set forth by LMAIS.
- Sibling applicants will be notified on February 3, 2020.
- 3-year-old preschool applicant notifications will begin on February 12, 2020 and admissions will continue to roll through Spring 2020.
- 4-year-old preschool applicant notifications will begin on March 6, 2020 and admissions will continue to roll though Spring 2020.
- Kindergarten applicant notifications will begin on March 6, 2020 and admissions will continue to roll though Spring 2020.
- Preschool and Kindergarten family response deadline is March 16, 2020.