- Admissions for the 2014-2015 school year has closed.
- Online applications for the 2015-2016 school year will be available after September 10th.
- Should you encounter issues along the way please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All students who complete the application process are considered for enrollment. However, due to the number of applications that we receive, we cannot guarantee enrollment to all who apply.
Many factors are considered when reviewing admission applications. Current enrollment and the applicant pool impact decisions. In addition, enrollment preference is given to siblings of current FXW students.
Current academic information (student grades, teacher recommendations and test scores) along with parent interviews and classroom visits are all taken into consideration when reviewing applicants.
We look for:
- Children who meet social and academic expectations as determined by an admissions committee
- Parents with a strong commitment to the mission and culture of the school
- A long-term commitment to The Frances Xavier Warde School
In addition, we strive to maintain:
- A diverse community: culturally, religiously and socioeconomically
- Need-based financial aid for 30 percent of students
Re-Application Instructions 2014-15 (144.9 KiB, 310 hits)
FXW’s Preschool Program follows the Continuity of Care (COC) model
What does this look like at FXW? The children remain in the program with the same teachers and classmates over their two years in preschool.
What does continuity of care provide for my child?
- Your child will have a secure attachment with his/her teachers.
- This healthy relationship allows your child to play, explore and interact with teachers in a comfortable, stable and predictable setting.
- Teachers will know children’s needs and backgrounds
- Your child will be able to establish friendships and deepen them over time.
- The time together with peers provides your child opportunities to develop social skills. Children need many experiences in a comfortable atmosphere to be with other children to relate, communicate, make decisions, and accept responsibility.
- Research shows a rise in language development and vocabulary and less disruptive behaviors.
What does continuity of care do for me as a parent of the FXW community?
- You and the teachers can develop a healthy parent-teacher partnership.
- Partnerships allow children to see the important adults in their lives working together to support their development.
- You can develop friendships and a strong sense of community with other parents in your classroom as you attend student and school events.