This guide will lead you through setting up your iPad for the first day of school.
Before you start, make sure you have:
- The student’s Apple ID. If you have not yet created an Apple ID for your child, please follow the instructions sent to you previously by Apple.
- The student’s username & password (their username is typically their last name+first initial or in some cases first two initials.) Most students remember their usernames and passwords but new students received their credentials at the Unbox days.
- The student’s school e-mail address.
Turning It on for the First Time
1) Follow the usual prompts, choose “English,” “United States,” Enable Location Services, and enter your Apple ID when asked, etc.
2) Connect to your home WiFi network.
3) You should see a screen like this, saying that the Frances Xavier Warde school will set up the iPad, click Next.
4) Enter the student’s username and password (note: usernames are typically their last name+first initial or in some cases first two initials).
5) When you see this screen, you’re ready to continue.
This section will show you how to setup the iPad so you can download apps from our catalog. These are the apps provided for school use.
1) Go in to the App Store, search for “AirWatch” and install the “AirWatch MDM Agent” from the results.
2) Once it has finished installing, open the AirWatch MDM Agent app to start the process.
5) Enter your school e-mail address on this screen.
6) Enter the student’s username and password again (note: usernames are typically their last name+first initial or in some cases first two initials).
7) Accept and install all profile installations that are prompted, like the one above.
8) Accept any warnings like this one as well.
9) When successful, you will see the App Catalog app appear on your home screen.